Tuesday 28 March 2017

Tech Reflection



Hello again people of the world and welcome back to another post on my blog! Today I'll be talking to you about how I've been doing at tech which, by the way, is really fun!

Image result for cartoon sewing failureSince I'm a year 7 this was my first time at tech. The group I was in was sewing, which we just finished this week. During our lessons we learnt where things are around the classroom, how to thread our sewing machines, how to make small beanbags and our main project, a big bag with a little pocket at the front. The process of making our bags was; designing and drawing your own pocket, chose a fabric to sew it on, printed our own ideas onto a fabric, sew the two main pieces of fabric together, then add handles to it. It probably sounds really easy but there are lots of really small things you have to do to do it properly like' ironing something to make a crease and pinning lots of things together.

Sewing was probably the activity I was most excited of. I don't know why it's the thing I was most excited for but... yeah. (I was probably excited because it's pretty easy even though it's not. Yeah I know that it sounds confusing but that's the only way I can explain it.)

Image result for cartoon sewing gifHow I think I can make the most out of my lessons is staying focused  and follow instructions more instead of messing around a lot.

So that's about it for this post so I'll see you later!!

3 comments:

  1. Did you sew yourself? I did that once (year 6)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sewing can be hard at times

    ReplyDelete