Thursday 18 May 2017

MUST READ BOOK REPORT! (not really)



Hello people of the world and welcome back to my blog! (Yay!) Today I'll be talking to you about this book I read last term. The book is by a woman named Lara Williamson and it is called 'A Boy Called Hope'.
Image result for a boy called hope
The Title page of the book

This book is about an 11 year old boy named Dan Hope who has a list of things he wants to happen such as; his sister studying at a school at Antarctica and only coming back once a year for 24 hours, and going to the moon on a spaceship named 'Hope 1', but the thing he wants the most... is a Dad. His Dad left the family when he was 7 and has never saw him since.

Most of the book talks about him cleaning up the mess with a lot of other problems on the side but they all add up together.

Why I liked this book is probably because I liked the plot of the story and how it sounds simple, but the author kept throwing in problems that make the solution harder but at the same time it got me hooked into it even more. Another reason I liked the story was the ending. I know I'm not really a person who's into ending but I liked the way how the story ended in a message about never giving up on your dreams. I could talk about the ending more but I don't want to give any spoilers on how it ends so I'm just gonna say that the ending is sad but it still leaves you happy because of the message it is sending.
Image result for a boy called hope
The back of the book
Zoom in to read the back!

The character I would most likely relate to is Christopher, Dan's best friend. Why I think I am similar to him is because that he is always there to cheer Dan up even at the hardest. Another reason is that both of us can play guitar really well and are really smart about other things.

If I would give this a star rating out of 5 it would probably be 4.5 because it's nearly perfect but it's not quite there. The book I would give a five on is my favourite book called 'Boy in the tower' but I won't get into that quite yet.

To me the genre of this book is adventure and a bit of mystery which I like about the book and why it hooked me in even more.

So that's about it this week for my blog so I'll see you guys later!!! 🙂🙂


















(F.Y.I I know this was quite a long post)

6 comments:

  1. Good (long) review Jigs. Sounds good.
    Is this the time I hold the ENTER key down for 5 seconds before publishing?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it in the school library?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A special reply for you Rodgers. Just from me


























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































      Delete