Thursday 14 June 2018

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! So Funny!

Hello people of the world and welcome back to my pointless blog! Today I am forced to talk about an Interesting weather phenomenon and upload a picture of it to my blog. I didn't really understand what it meant so I waited for other people to post and basically copy them. What most people did was just take a picture of the sky from their home and just talk about it. So I'm just going to join the bandwagon and do that myself.

These clouds are stratus clouds which are basically low-lying blankets of clouds and typically form your grey cloudy day. When it rains it is called a Nimbus Stratus. Stratus clouds are usually formed by water evaporating into cold air so it becomes a water droplet low in the atmosphere. From there it condenses with other particles like dust until it forms a cloud. If the water droplets are heavy enough it falls down making what we know as rain. When water is evaporated into warm air it rises higher in the atmosphere because it is less dense making it lighter forming clouds like Cirrus clouds.

Image result for cloud memesClouds are also measured by how much of the sky it is covering. They measure how much of the sky is covered by a measurement called "Octa" which is the Greek word for the number for 8. They have different symbols to represent how many octas of the sky is covered. I don't know if scientists have a way of measuring how many octas there are but by judging, I'd say about 6 or 7 octas of the sky is covered.

Anyways... That's it for my VERY scientific (and probably very boring) blog post for this week and I'll see you guys next week!!

1 comment: